Thursday, August 8, 2013

Working from home: A gamer’s dream?

Between the girlfriend and the work, I realized that I was wasting a lot of time waiting for one or the other. How often are you stuck with 20 minutes free time and no good gaming opportunity? It’s not enough time to go find a good online game and who would like a 20 minutes strategy game session? So the basic answer to that issue is “checking email”, “checking blogs” and “Youtube”. Well I had enough and decided to make the most of my time with some online work.


Mostly because I liked the name I registered with “Clickworker”. Of course I did a bit of research before giving my identity to a random website. Once in, I took various tests to prove that I have a decent command of French, English and I am fairly competent at Google searches.  All in all, it was an initial investment of 1.5 hours, with the constant fear that it will all go to waste.

In short: Yes it works!


The first day, I did nothing more than to reply to a survey for 0.10c. So clearly, I this is not sufficient to sustain yourself, let alone buy a new graphic card! However I checked the website regularly and found new assignments to be completed every few hours. In 2 days, I had gathered 19 euros and decided to stop to see if I was going to be paid. It took me some days to realize that all payments are differed for a week, but the next week, on Monday morning, I had my 19 euros on my paypal account!

So I can confirm that it is a legitimate business. So far I have written ads for airlines, travel agencies and restaurants. I also did some WebPages evaluations (not for the faint of heart!). Is it easy money ? Yes and No. No, the income per hour is very low, at least compared to my qualification and day job. But yes it is easy money that I got making use of time that was lost anyway!  

Yesterday I was waiting for the game to start for a League of Legend amateur tournament. So I was in the lobby room with my team, waiting. Clearly could do nothing useful. In the 10 minute wait, I evaluated a 100 webpages and go paid for it a few euros. Not bad in my view.

This blog, does not need support, but if you are interested in making some money, you might as well help me and click on this link to Clickworker. As far as I know there are dedicated task for at least 40 different countries (Europe, US, India…)
 
Did you work for a similar “micro-tasks” / crowdsourcing website ? Is it worth it for you? 
EuroExark

No comments:

Post a Comment